While progress on the Automotive X Prize has been off track a little bit over the past year, things are still moving forward. Today, the AXP announced the names on a panel of experts that have been hired to lead the technical operations for the competition. What does that mean? It means that these are six people who will inspect and judge the designs of the entrants. Their names and backgrounds are:
- Steve Wesoloski – Senior Advisor, Deputy Technical Operations (Expertise in engineering and motorsports; most recently with GM Racing)
- Don Taylor – Senior Advisor, Competition Rules (Expertise in ‘Green Racing’; formerly of the National Hot Rod Association)
- P.T. Jones – Senior Advisor, Competition Operations (Senior Vehicle Systems Engineer, currently with Sentech, Inc.)
- Jody Nelson – Senior Advisor, Energy Storage Technologies (Expertise in alternative and renewable energy technologies; formerly with Daimler AG and currently with BluEngineering)
- Spencer Quong – Senior Advisor, Fueling & Advanced Vehicle Technologies (currently Chief Technology Officer with Quong & Associates, Inc.)
- Dr. Jim Winkelman – Senior Advisor, Electronics & Advanced Propulsion Technologies (Electrical Engineer with 30+ years in developing advanced products at General Electric, Ford, Visteon and Plug Power)
There’s a PDF of biographies available. Now that the judging team has been expanded – and they are apparently “hard at work reviewing the 90+ Registered Teams’ business plans and vehicle data submissions” – we want to see this Design Judging phase, the first competitive part of the AXP, over and done with. That way, we can get to the actual vehicle challenges, which are supposed to take place in the spring.
[Source: Auto X Prize]
Auto X Prize announces the experts who will make sure the rules are followed originally appeared on Autoblog Green on Fri, 07 Aug 2009 09:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.